3 parts dry red wine
2 parts sweet red wine
(Christian Brothers Ruby Port,
not Tawny Port)
1 part Vodka
- 1 cup water.
- 2 teaspoons sugar.
- 1-1/2 cup Burgundy (dry red wine).
- 1 small orange (or 1/2 of a large orange) cut into sections, with peel.
- 1/2 slice orange or lemon peel, finely chopped (1-2 TableSpoons).
- 6 cardamom pods: broken open, just seeds (1 teaspoon, Ground).
- 10 whole cloves.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- A "handful" of raisins and blanched, sliced almonds.
- Cook (not boil) 3 hour in CrockPot on low, covered.
- Strain base through a drip coffee filter.
- To Serve:
- 1 part strained base.
- 1 part Burgundy (dry red wine).
- 1 part Port (sweet red wine).
- 1/10 part Vodka (or less).
- Heat (don't boil).
- Pour glögg over sugar to melt just prior to serving.
- Serve hot in a cup with a few raisins and blanched, sliced almonds.
- To Store:
- Base can be kept in a jar in the refrigerator.
2016 December 27, Tuesday, 14:40:05 PST (UTC-0800)